Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 upgrade qs

2009-07-21 08:40:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 upgrade qs
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:37:30 +0100
Actually no i'm using the same master server name which i thought would
be best.

What i've done previously when we had to install a new Sol9 OS was to
create the new OS and build the server on identical hardware with new
disks amd same machine name, install netbackup and recover the
catalogues from the main server. This all worked fine.

My main question is actually surrounding patches as i need to work out
if i need any solaris 8 patches for the CLIENTS. I know my new master
server will be solaris10 which handles multi threaded applications, but
i can't see anywhere about client patches.

Cheers