Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config

2009-07-16 13:04:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com, VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:00:50 -0400

For #2 it’s easier, imho, to accomplish this using Windows tools.  As part of my modified silent install script I have an .ini file that imports whatever settings I want to the Windows registry.  It runs at the tail end of the install so I know everything going into production is configured correctly.

So if you wanted to set the buffer size to 1024 (little high, no?)…

Contents of .ini file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

Buffer_Size = REG_DWORD 1024

Execute:

Regini filename.ini

Dig through the registry and the rest of the settings are there as well.