Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config of Windows Clients

2009-07-16 09:13:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to command-line add/config of Windows Clients
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:10:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

For a UNIX(Standard) Client, it is relatively simply to automate a
policy/client addition.

For a Windows client, is it possible to automate the following steps via
the command-line?

1. Host Properties -> Master Server
    a. Client attributes -> Add the Windows client here.
    b. Set the Windows Open File Backup options and apply them.
    c. There is a DEBUG option in jnbSA I believe that will record all of
       the commands performed by jnbSA, does anyone recall how to do this?

2. Connect to the client (bpsetconfig)
    a. Set timeouts to the standards that you have in your environment.
    b. Under the Windows Client -> Client Settings
       1. Set the Communications buffer size to 1024 kilobytes

I guess the next step I need to find out is how to enable debugging for
jnbSA so it prints out all commands-- this should get me the answers I
need unless someone has done this already?

Justin.