Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] sgscan panics new Solaris 10 media server

2009-07-15 15:59:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] sgscan panics new Solaris 10 media server
From: Tim Hoke <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
To: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:55:53 -0500
And have you contacted SUN?  I recall an issue a long time ago (so can't remember details) where sgscan could cause a panic on a Solaris system.  Seems to me it was related to HBA drivers and how they handled the scsi commands sgscan runs.

There's also the 'scan' command too.  It's probably doing the same things as sgscan (scsi inquiry IIRC) so would likely do the same thing, but it's at least a way to find out if it's a problem with JUST sgscan.

A quick Google search found at least one TN from Symantec too:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/206544.htm

And SUN:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-114878-10-1

-Tim