Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Another Synthetic Question

2009-07-14 20:56:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Another Synthetic Question
From: Crowey <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:53:48 -0400
Gidday, I've had to restart one of my synthetics again ... so due to its
reasonably large size (approx 3.5 TB) and so as to avoid interfering with all
our other backups, I wrote the full to disc.

My original plan was to duplicate this to tape, and mark it as the primary copy.

But it has occurred to me ... do I have to do this?  Can I leave this initial
full on disc and use it to create the synthetic (to tape) this coming weekend?