Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server offline for disk

2009-07-10 11:20:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server offline for disk
From: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:17:36 +0200
We are using DSU (basic disk) since a couple of weeks and in this time I saw
that we had 4 occasions where I came in in the morning noticing that backup
jobs towards this Media Server were all queued with the message "Media Server
is offline for disk".  All it takes is a restart of the services on this
Windows based disk staging Media Server and after a couple of minutes the
queued backup jobs return to running and are completed successfully in the end.

I cannot find anything related to this in the logs.  Disk space when the Media
Server is giving this error is still enough (200 - 380 GB) on a 2 TB disk.

Someone any idea ?

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK
Backupadmin
Enterprise Applications Delivery - Infrastructure Management
S.W.I.F.T. SCRL