Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tracing tape drive waiting for resource

2009-07-09 06:20:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tracing tape drive waiting for resource
From: "POUSSARD, Gilles \(APX SYNSTAR\)" <gilles.poussard AT airbus DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:16:52 +0200
Hi,

My tape drives are shared by SSO between all the media servers. I use NBU 6.0 and 6.5

Some of jobs someone take a long time to start backing up because thay are waiting for tape drive resources. Clicking on the job by the Java interface show the waiting for resource message. All the tape drives are busy by the other media servers.

Does anyone know in which log files can we trace the waiting for resource for a tape drive availability, without using the java interface to check how many times this problem can occur ?? It is to verify the frequency of this resource problem

Thanks for your help

Gilles.