Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incorrect Storage Unit

2009-07-02 12:44:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incorrect Storage Unit
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:39:48 -0500
I have installed a new tape library(tld1). I still have my original
library (tld0) connected. I've taken a couple of policies, copied them
to new policies and changed only the storage unit within the policy from
media-server-tld0 to media-server-tld1. I manually executed a test
backup of PolicyA-TLD1 and saw exactly what I expected to see: The
policy contacted the new robot, mounted a new tape and ran the backup on
the new library, finishing with status code 0.

When I do the same thing with a second policy, PolicyB-TLD1 is
contacting the original library, mounting tapes in the original
library... etc. It finishes successfully, but I can't figure out why it
isn't contacting the new library. I've gone back in and made sure that
the storage unit in PolicyB-TLD1 is TLD1 and not TLD0, and it is set
correctly.

Any thoughts while I dig around the Symantec website?

Thank you.

  - Heathe Kyle Yeakley