Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO Option for LTO3 drives

2009-07-02 12:05:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO Option for LTO3 drives
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: "David Turner" <Dturner AT manh DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:01:39 -0500

To use the drives for regular backups, you have to present the drives to the NetApp and the Media Server(s). The SSO Option also has to be installed for this drive sharing to be enabled.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"David Turner" <Dturner AT manh DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/02/2009 10:09 AM

<VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO Option for LTO3 drives

If I dedicate 2 drives to the Netapp and have the zoning setup properly
will the media servers use those drives for regular backups as well?