Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What Is The Purpose For My Brocade Switch?

2009-07-01 10:55:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What Is The Purpose For My Brocade Switch?
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: "Will Tucker" <WTucker AT manh DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:52:04 -0600

Direct connect fiber is possible but there's no device sharing this way.  This may not be an issue if you don't have SSO licenses.

However, frankly, switches add flexibility for later changes - if I had a switch available to me, I'd use it even if I ended up with point-to-point zones built in it.

-M