Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] modify backup_exit_notify.sh script

2009-06-23 14:56:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] modify backup_exit_notify.sh script
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:52:54 -0500

My shell scripting is shaky at best so I’m hoping that one of you may be able to help me out.

I’m wondering how I would go about editing the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify.sh script so that it doesn’t inform me via email of successfully completed backups.  Basically I’m only interested in backups that complete with a 1 or higher.

I have modified our bp.conf to keep 3 months of jobs in the activity monitor so will be able to check here for successful backups.  I really only need to be informed if a backup has failed.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Glazerman

Enterprise Storage Administrator

Spartech Corporation

Desk: 314-889-8282

Fax: 314-854-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com

http://www.spartech.com

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.