Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

2009-06-18 16:09:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:06:17 -0400

Thanks for the explanation.  I work with the UNIX systems, and I am not sure we use it on our Windows systems.
----------------------------------
Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW
Washington DC 20068
202-331-6619
------------------------------------

<judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

06/18/2009 11:50 AM

<ckstehman AT pepco DOT com>
cc
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

On windows servers you can use DFSR  ( a windows thing – serverA drive F is always sending its changes up to serverB drive N.  We use it for remote sites where we cannot backup, it sends its files to us where I can backup)
The thing is in version 5 you could backup just fine.
In version 6 you could not backup the data if DFSR was running.
So you had to put in a script to shutdown dfs, then do the backup then start dfs when done.
Problem with that is some of my servers could not get caught up again before the next time I shut them down so we had to work around that.
And I have had to put this script on a number of servers where the windows group is running dfs.

There is suppose to be a fix that makes it so you do not have to shut it down any more to get a good complete backup of a dfs drive.

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu; veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
RE: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

Hi

I'm nott familiar with the DFSR issue.. Please explain.

Carl

----------------------------------
Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW
Washington DC 20068
202-331-6619
------------------------------------

<judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>

06/18/2009 11:36 AM

<ckstehman AT pepco DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

I have been trying to read the docs and no where can I find where it says the DFSR issue has been fixed.
I can find that it says it is suppose to be fixed in 6.5.4 but it never says it has.

Has anybody found anything that says it has or has not?

veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu; veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

We installed the FA version a couple of weeks ago.  There have not been any serious problems,

----------------------------------
Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW
Washington DC 20068
202-331-6619
------------------------------------

sql_noob <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

06/18/2009 10:51 AM

Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu]  NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

anyone brave enough to install it yet? i know it's a service pack but i'm always getting emails from Symantec about how your backups are gone if you do so and so

|This was sent by alent1234 AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.