Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Using multiple drives with NDMP.

2009-06-12 11:30:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Using multiple drives with NDMP.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:26:05 -0600

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com wrote:

For the policy you want to multi-stream, is the Allow Multiple Streams box checked in the Policy Attributes?
Yes.  I've stopped and started all processes several times just to make sure all changes are getting loaded also.

Jeff

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS â–ª Sr. Storage Engineer â–ª SunGard Availability Services â–ª 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 â–ª 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

06/11/2009 09:35 PM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Using multiple drives with NDMP.

Greetings,

I've got just about all the bugs worked out of the new test environment except 1.  I can get my NDMP policies to back up more than one file system at a time.

I've got a 6.5.3 environment running on linux.  I've got a library (tld0) with 4 Gen 3 Ultrium drives.  I've defined a media manager storage unit because I'm doing remote NDMP.  I've set up 3 test policies, 1 standard and 2 NDMP.  All policies work fine one at a time, or either NDMP policy will run at the same time as the standard policy.  The storage unit is set to allow the use of 4 drives and also allow multiplexing (for the standard policy).  The policies vary on the number of jobs per policy.  One is set to 9 and the other is not set.  One NDMP policy has 3 file systems to back up and the other has 1.

When I run the policy with 3 file systems, it only runs one at a time to one tape.  The other 2 just queue.  I've tried putting in the new stream directive between them in the includes file but it didn't help.  I can get them all to work one at a time but can't get them to backup more than one NDMP file system at a time.  Is there some bp.conf directive I need to create?

Any help pointing down the correct path would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

--

Jeff Cleverley