Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover

2009-06-11 15:35:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:32:31 -0500
When backing up a cluster to have to use more then one name.

Physical servers are  serverAp and serverBp
The resources belong to serverAr and serverBr

You should set up the backup of any local drives like the c drive to be
backed up via the physical name

You should then set up the backup of the resources by the resource name.
This way if the resource is on Ap or Bp it still finds it because it is
getting to it via the resource.

You still install netbackup on the physical server using the physical
name, and netbackup will be able to back up the resource drive just
fine.

There are some docs out there about how to backup clustered servers.