Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup all files in a folder but not any subfolders

2009-06-11 14:17:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup all files in a folder but not any subfolders
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:13:59 -0400
Or to restate that - you can have multiple exclude lists - one for each
policy on the client.

Just append the policy to the exclude.list its relevant for:

e.g.
POLICY SERVER-OS
POLICY SERVER-DB

In SERVER-DB you're backing all of /database/prodDB and all of
/oracle/prodDB without any excludes.

Since it has a separate policy then you set the OS policy exclude list
to exclude it (and possibly other things).  An example from one of my
Linux hosts:

exclude.list.SERVER-OS contents:

/proc
/sys
/database/prodDB
/oracle/prodDB
/mnt

In reality we create separate policies for all databases so the exclude
has /database/* and /oracle/* (we don't address other files in these
directories as there aren't supposed to be any as they are simply
supposed to be base directories for the DB specific directories.