Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Auditors here again, I've got a question....

2009-06-08 13:53:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Auditors here again, I've got a question....
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:50:34 +0000
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:36:29PM -0400, BeDour, Wayne wrote:
> Here is the scenario.  The auditors give me a date and a host which I
> can relate to a backup policy.  From the date, they need me to verify
> the backup ran, the bar code of the tape(s) written to and if the
> tape(s) went offsite.

> Can anyone suggest the best command line commands to accomplish the
> above?

If what you really want to know is recoverability, I'd use
'bpimagelist'.  That will take a date, host, and policy and give you the
items in the catalog that correspond, and it will give you the media it
is on.

If you inform Netbackup about vaulting, then 'vmquery' will give you
vault details if you pass in a piece of media.  Athough I don't keep the
date it actaully went offsite in there.

Now if someone is being a pain, they might want backup information, even
if it has since expired.  If that's true, then there's no more catalog
information.  You'd have to go to backup logs (or an old copy of the
catalog) for that.

--
Darren