Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR Tape/Database syncronization question

2009-06-05 09:08:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR Tape/Database syncronization question
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:04:05 -0400
I apologize for the stupid question, now that I have my test environment
back up and running (I asked the question blindly).  For those who may
have been lurking, BMR gives you the option to create a new configuration
other than "current" based on older backups.  No expiring of missing
images needed.  Just choose a date that resides on the tapes you have, and
the rest is history.

scott.george AT parker DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
06/02/2009 06:34 PM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] BMR Tape/Database syncronization question

I have configured and tested BMR in my test environment, and am getting
ready to go to 6.5.3.1 next week in production.  We replicate our NBU
server's rootvg (AIX) to SAN storage at our DR location, where similar
hardware sits ready to boot when the line is cut.  Naturally, this will
keep the database as most current as it can be.  The question lies in the
tapes that get shipped to the DR site, they will more than likely be at
least 3 days old.  My question is what kind of snafu will this do to my
BMR operation, because I assume that it will try to use the most current
copies of the target client?  I have thought about expiring the 3 day gap,

but I wanted to solicit some opinions and possibly past experiences before

I venture into that territory.

Thank you greatly in advance,

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.