Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams- Revisit with 6.5.3

2009-06-05 04:21:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams- Revisit with 6.5.3
From: Kenneth Hansen <Kenneth.Hansen AT atea DOT no>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:18:25 +0200

Hi,

As far as I know you then have to uncheck for multiple streams on your backup jobs that have this problem. Perhaps make one policy for this.

I have experienced the same problems when backing up a Enterprise Vault server using multiple streams.

For EV 8 powershell script is used to put EV in backup mode, only solution I could find was to not use multiple streams.

See also answer from Judy:

2 things.

The parent_end/start only runs on the master server.  So if you use that you will have to script it to run the command over on the client.

The bpstart/end runs on the client but – will run for each job on the client. – you can make it bpstart_notify.policy.schedule .bat so it only runs for jobs in that policy and that schedule – but again it will run for each child job.  So if you use that, try to make it so it is the only job under that policy.schedule so it does not run for anything else.

Regards

Kenneth