Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3

2009-05-28 15:40:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:37:38 -0500

Be sure you follow the documentation, even though it's scattered through several different docs. Most of the other stuff has been mentioned already, but you also need to pay attention to supported patch levels and hardware. If PBX is already installed, you need to make sure that's at the proper version.

Though it's been said, make sure your catalog is squeaky clean by opening a case with Symantec and running the NBCC tool until they say it's ok. And build in time to complete a cold catalog backup when you're done.

Verify proper forward and reverse lookup operates properly. PBX is quite dependent on proper reverse lookups. If you have multiple interfaces, this becomes more of a challenge.

If you have a third party reporting product (Aptare, etc.) you'll need to make some changes, contact the vendor. Any scripts you have may need to be edited due to changes in command syntax and/or output.

Good luck, it's not a big deal as long as you prepared up front.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

<smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

05/28/2009 02:14 PM
Please respond to
smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr

judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com, "" <Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com>, "" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu]        Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3

and a copy of /usr/openv for quick restore