Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Spectra Logic Library

2009-05-27 16:58:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Spectra Logic Library
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:54:21 -0500
Hello all,

Week after next I'll be replacing our ADIC Scalar i2k library running 12
IBM LTO2 drives with a Spectra Logic T380 here and a T200 at our DR site
(both running LTO4 drives). Both sites are running Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on
Red Hat Master and Media servers with Multipathing enabled. I'm writing
a deployment plan for the two libraries and was wondering if anyone has
already done this and had any "gotchas" they'd like to share. I've
downloaded the pdf install guides for both the tape libraries and a
couple of white papers for my own reading. I just wanted to see if
anyone had tips, tricks, or advice they'd like to share.

Thanks.

- HKY