Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report

2009-05-26 13:18:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:14:58 -0500
Here is my daily backup summary report script

I test for date, because on Monday morning I want to go back to 5 pm
last Friday and see the backups for all weekend.
The rest of the week I just go from 5 pm the night before.
This is run at 9 am each morning via cron.
Adjust your time to include the hours you want reported.

This breaks them down according to Status Code.
So all that finished ok are in the Zero section, each client name only
showing once even if they have multi jobs.

I always do a scroll to the bottom to see the ones with errors.

rptdate=`cat /opt/openv/scripts/temp/date4dlyrpt`
mydate=`date +%w`
if [ $mydate == 1 ]
then
h=64
else
h=16
fi
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -backstat -hoursago $h
-by_statcode> /opt/openv/scripts/temp/bksum.txt
mail -s "YourLocation Daily Backup Summary for $rptdate"
someonewhocares AT yourcompany DOT com  < /opt/openv/scripts/temp/bksum.txt
date '+%a %b %d %Y' > /opt/openv/scripts/temp/date4dlyrpt