Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to configure multiplexing?

2009-05-20 14:07:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to configure multiplexing?
From: rmg <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:04:06 -0400
Assuming they all have the same retention, multiplexing, and media ownership
(server group) so they can share a tape... Set all those policies to write to a
particular volume pool. Then in the volume pool settings, set "Maximum number
of partially full media" to 1. In that case regardless of when the jobs kick
off they will queue up and wait for the one active tape to become available.