Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] AIX 4.3.3 Client

2009-05-18 15:03:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] AIX 4.3.3 Client
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:59:57 -0400
John,

Thanks for the advice, this one is the winner.  We had the 4.5 client
installed on the AIX 4.3.3 server, for what seems like forever.  The
previous admin (and my boss) told me that he attempted to install a newer
version without success.  I took him at his word.  After your post, I felt
inspired to attempt it myself.  I found my stash of 5.1 media and
installed the client on my test 4.3.3 server.  Test backups and restores
succeeded.

Thanks a million,

Scott

John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu>
05/18/2009 09:16 AM

scott.george AT parker DOT com
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] AIX 4.3.3 Client

Greg, as far as I can tell, the NB 5.1 client supports AIX 4.3.3.10.
Why not just update the AIX client to 5.1 which does works with 6.x?
We have a number clients running 5.1 with our 6.5.3 server.

John