Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams

2009-05-18 12:44:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:41:10 +0100

Hi All
In a NBU 5.1 MP5 environment, I have client machines that require Oracle to be taken down.
the client backup is in an existing policy with many other Windows Systems.

The policy allows for streams.

Problem I am seeing: Although for this client, the Services STOP when the job begins, the post job starts the minute one of the smaller streams complete.

What I want to do, is allow the post job to run once ALL streams for this client has completed. I found this document: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274059.htm which I have been running through for tests. Now, I am wondering if I should be calling a different command for this like session_notify.cmd or bpend_notify.bat?

Essentially, what I want to be sure of, is when the complete Full or INCR backup completes, the relevant service I stopped earlier is restart only when everything is completed.

I have got Scheduled Tasks to run for the time being, but any pointers, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Simon

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any
attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its
content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this
email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
-o-
Registered Office: