Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup lun Restore

2009-05-08 13:44:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup lun Restore
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: David Turner <Dturner AT manh DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 12:41:31 -0500
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM, David Turner <Dturner AT manh DOT com> wrote:

Can Netbackup 6.0 restore a single file from a lun??

I have able to backup and restore an entire lun successfully but I am now wondering if Netbackup and parse the lun for a single file and restore that file.

If you mean you're using FlashBackup to back up your data, then yes, you can do a single file restore. I've done this for both Windows and Solaris - each file is cataloged in the NBU catalog.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org