Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Would like to BMR Linux Redhat 5.0 Servers

2009-05-07 12:13:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Would like to BMR Linux Redhat 5.0 Servers
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Reg.Giacomini AT co.hennepin.mn DOT us
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:10:29 -0500
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:51 AM, <Reg.Giacomini AT co.hennepin.mn DOT us> wrote:

We have several physical Redhat 5.0 servers that we would like to use BMR on.  My current NBU level is 6.5.3.1 for Windows.  Symantec's latest
compatibility list shows that BMR is not supported with Redhat 5.0 as a BMR server or client.

6.5.4 supports RHEL 5 x64 as both client and server:  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/318005.htm.  6.5.4 is going to FA release status in about 2 weeks.

I don't see any mention of support for 32-bit clients though.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org