Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 Migration from Win to HP-UX

2009-05-06 13:58:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 Migration from Win to HP-UX
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:55:02 -0400
Regarding moving master server OS:

1. Install the new server OS and NetBackup
2. Stop NetBackup on old environment
3. Cold Catalog Backup
4. Rename old master and new master - so new master has old name
5. Start NetBackup on new master
6. Catalog Restore from Cold Catalog Backup
7. TEST & TEST & TEST!
7. If issues - stop NetBackup, rename masters and resolve