Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Support of NetBackup with RBAC

2009-04-28 16:51:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Support of NetBackup with RBAC
From: "Chapman, Scott" <Scott.Chapman AT icbc DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:45:39 -0700
We are being pushed to support our netbackup environment, with servers
running on solaris10, using Role Based Access Control (RBAC).  I'm
wondering if anyone out there is doing this?

It has always been my understanding that netbackup needed to be
installed and supported by the user "root" and NOTHING else.....
Thoughts??

Thanks!

Scott
This email and any attachments are intended only for the named
recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any unauthorized copying, dissemination or other use by a person
other than the named recipient of this communication is prohibited.
 If you received this in error or are not named as a recipient,
please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this email
immediately.