Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bpbackup Command Issues

2009-04-27 19:53:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bpbackup Command Issues
From: "Jimenez, Daniel" <Daniel.Jimenez AT imb DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:25:11 -0700

Hey guys

We’ve been encountering issues running Bpbackup below through batch file on a Windows Netbackup environment (6.5.1).  We have been receiving the errors below and was wondering if anyone has automated a _vbscript_ to run a backup? We take a snap on a clariion and mount the drives, once the import completes, we will then run the bpbackup command and if the status comes back with a 0 we will continue the script which will deport the drives. The part of the script that does not seem to work is listed below.

Script:

Bpbackup -p rst101_vtl -S master1 -h server1 -f d:\scripts\emxtest.txt -t 13 -L d:\Scripts\emx001-np1.log  (## attempted with –s and without)

Errors:

Backup started 04/27/2009 15:36:07

15:36:11 Initiating backup

15:36:13 INF - Server status = 240

15:36:14 INF - Server status = 240

15:36:18 INF - Backup by admin_user on client server1 using policy rst101_vtl:no schedules of the correct type exist in this policy.

15:58:09 Initiating backup

15:58:11 INF - Server status = 240

Backup started 04/27/2009 16:01:25

The policy and schedule have been created and the server is listed as a client. There are no issues with case sensitivity and have attempted several ways to run this script. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Daniel