Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need Information about Catalog Backup and DR exercise

2009-04-23 14:57:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need Information about Catalog Backup and DR exercise
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:53:47 -0500
Is your DR master a working master without needing the catalog recovered
into it?

On your DR master ( must be a working master )
Make a dir Prodimages  some please.

Copy from your prod master /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<client> to
the Prodimages on your DR master.

On your DR master create a link
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<client -> /Prodimages/<client>

On the DR master create a volume pool Prodtapes
Write protect the tape from prod put in library and make sure it ends up
in the Prodtapes pool ( yes it will show up as unassigned ).

Open the BAR and select the client you make the link for.  You can
browse the backups that you ftp-ed from prod.

Start the backup and it will ask for the tapes from the Prod server (
its at this point that you know what tapes you need and you put them in
the library if you did not already figure it out ).

Because the images know what tapes the backups are on, and the BAR asks
for the tape.  It should be able to do the restore.

This is from a Symantec doc called "Disaster recovery using partial
catalog recovery in NetBackup"