Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Total Client Data

2009-04-21 20:13:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Total Client Data
From: ken_zufall AT goodyear DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:07:35 -0400

bpimagelist -U -client [client_name] -d [mmddyyyy] | awk '{print $5}' | grep ^[0-9] where -d is a date equal or prior to the oldest image for the client.  That will give you the size of each backup in kbytes...add those up for the total per client, then add up total per client for total data stored.

You can produce a list of all clients with bpclient -All -l | grep Client | awk '{print $3}' and run that through a loop with the above to get what you need.

Ken Zufall
Technical Analyst
D660C
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
GTN 446.0592 or 330.796.0592

Sushil <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/21/2009 09:53 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU

VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Total Client Data

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to netbackup. I have been asked to generate a report which contains how much data is stored by each client on netbackup. And also total data stored on netbackup. I have no idea how to get this. hope you guys will be able to help me out on this...

Thanks
Sushil