Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] question about checkpoint

2009-04-16 11:15:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] question about checkpoint
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: steph <stephane.esnault1 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:11:40 -0500
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM, steph <stephane.esnault1 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

I have only a question with the checkpoint in policies :

I have test a backup with use checkpoint positionning all the 15 minutes and after about 20 minutes i cancel this job, but it'is not possible to resume job with checkpoint position!

is it normal that the job can't restart with the last checkpoint ? or exist a another soluce to do it ?

I would expect.  A cancel is a final status code.  The job has died.  If you had suspended the job, it would have resumed.  Similarly, if the job had failed on one of its try attempts if could have resumed.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org