Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Client licenses

2009-04-07 12:49:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Client licenses
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:46:14 -0500
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
OK... n00b question. How do I tell how many standard client licenses I
have left? We had a customer deploy a couple of dozen new system and
they want them all backed up and I can't remember how to tell if I have
the proper licenses to load clients on them all.

There is no technical way to tell - you have to look at the paper trail.  This can get really, really ugly because the flexibility of the way NetBackup is licensed.  It works both for you and against you.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org