Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows client java access query

2009-04-07 08:58:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows client java access query
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:54:56 +0100
Guys the wonderful Pen Testers have found on various Windows netbackup
clients that the bpjava-msvc is not accessible from anywhere.

I need to restrict access to it somehow and just want to clarify my
findings.

I know about the java\auth.conf  file but from what i have read that
only restricts access to users on the system.

What i want to do is restrict access to the java console to only a
specific set of ips or hosts. Has anyone done this within Netbackup at
all on windows?

On unix/solaris its a simple case of adding bpjava-msvc : <ip addresses>
into /etc/hosts.allow, but i can't find how to do it on windows.

Is it a firewall only fix? In which case what about hosts on the same
subnet as a client?

Cheers