Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Restore Procedure

2009-04-03 11:21:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Restore Procedure
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:18:26 -0500

Most likely the directory structure under the "Browse Directory:" text box is not correct. It seems to want to load the logged in user's home directory by default. Change it to just "/" (without quotes...) and that will show you everything that was backed up.

If anyone knows how to force it to the default of / I would appreciate knowing.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/03/2009 09:43 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Linux Restore Procedure

I have finally gotten NetBackup installed in a mixed environment and working properly.  I was testing the restore on the Windows side and it appears to be working fine, but I’m a little lost on how to do a restore on the Linux side.  I tried to do one from NBU master server, but the Linux servers won’t display any of their directories in the network tree.  How do you perform a restore on a Linux server either from the command-line on the Linux machine?  Is there something I can do to get the directories of my Linux servers to show up in the network tree of the Backup, Archive, Restore option on the NBU master?

(NBU Master is Windows Server 2003; Linux machine has REHL 5.0; NetBackup version is NBU 6.5 for Windows)_______________________________________________