Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL Replication between 2 sites

2009-03-27 06:03:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL Replication between 2 sites
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:00:17 -0400
Hi,

Yes, if both siteA and siteB is under one backup domain, inventory of siteB
library will update siteA media catalog. However, the replication of virtual
tape from siteA to siteB, will the mediaID be the same? Does NBU allow the same
tape media exist in different tape libraries?

Another question with regards to this setup. If i were to restore data in siteA
and siteA VTL is down, what is the best way to restore data that sit at siteB?