Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL Replication between 2 sites

2009-03-27 03:16:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL Replication between 2 sites
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 03:13:17 -0400
Hi,

Anyone has the following setup in their environment?

I read about some VTL from EMC, IBM, HP, etc having storage products such VTL
that ables to do low-bandwidth replication using LAN or WAN.

If incoperate this with NBU, imagine i have a master server on siteA and
control a media server at siteB. I have 2 x VTLs, 1 in site A (robot control by
master) and 1 in siteB (robot control at media server).

Backups going from siteA to VTL will be replicated over to siteB VTL. I've
check that this replication is done by the VTL and so NBU will not be aware of
the replication. In the event of restoration of siteA data into siteB servers,
what will be the restore process?

My guess will be needing to import all the data replicated over to siteB first
before doing restore? Anyone can verify?

Regards