Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Client 6.5

2009-03-24 17:34:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAN Client 6.5
From: "Tanuja Korlepra" <Tanuja_Korlepra AT symantec DOT com>
To: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>, <rodrigo.moura AT light.com DOT br>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:30:16 -0700

Hello Rodrigo,

SAN Client installation just needs a regular NetBackup install. No special installation is required for the core NetBackup Fibre Transport components. The components are installed when you install NetBackup Media Servers and Clients. The feature needs a SAN Client license on the Master and EMM servers.

There are a few very simple configuration steps required to run Fibre Transport services and Media servers and Clients.

You can find all the details here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290238.htm

The document that Marianne pointed to is the “SAN Client Deployment - Best Practices and Performance Metrics” guide.

It provides some information on performance considerations and best practices when deploying the SAN Client. The document is intended to provide the necessary information to help take full advantage of this feature.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293110.htm

Thanks,

Tanuja