Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DOWN drives during NDMP backups.

2009-03-24 11:53:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DOWN drives during NDMP backups.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:49:57 +0000
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:34:59AM -0700, Conner, Neil wrote:
> It could be that the connections to the devices got broken somehow.  On
> NetApp filers, you can offline the related storage adapter and online it
> again and that refreshes the connection.

Bah...  It just stopped hating me is all.   :-)

Just started looking into it, and the more I looked, the more it seemed
okay.  And in fact it appears okay.

I had no problems loading a tape in the slot.  Device Manager showed the
label.  'mt -f <drive> status' showed a tape loaded.  I did a test
backup and that worked fine and my scheduled ones last night didn't take
the drive down.

Oh well, I guess it just wanted some attention.

--
Darren