Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and SQL Online Agent - Some

2009-03-23 12:02:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 and SQL Online Agent - Some
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:58:47 -0000

Rusty
I dont think the integrity of the SQL Backups are in question. We do ALOT of restores, not just real life but in practice as well.

But the SQL Admin's have no experience of NetBackup, but they are aware of how the backups work and what is involved.

The process is also entirely documented for backups and restore purposes.

All I wanted was some advice or options on improving the performance which may be outside the scope of the SQLAdmin book and real world experiences of anyone doing an online backup :)

But as it turns out, I rescheduled some jobs, and they actually completed alot quicker. So although I will try this in a test environment, it is something I am going to look into.

Apprecaite the options
Simon