Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I dump an entire NBU Catalog???

2009-03-18 11:07:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I dump an entire NBU Catalog???
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:45:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Dennis Peacock wrote:

> I haven't found a way to do this....does anyone here know of a way to do this?

Sure, like this, at least for UNIX file systems, standard backups:

#!/bin/bash

# Check.
#echo "Make sure you set the directory first in this file."
#exit 1

DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d)

# Set DIR here.
DIR="/catalog/$DATE"

# Make directory.
mkdir -p "$DIR"

# Dump the data to ASCII.
cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images
for i in *
do
   echo "Dumping $i..."
   /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -s 01/01/1969 -B -C $i -R / | col -bx \
   > "$DIR/$i.idx"
done