Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Some Help Please - Status 89 on Win2k3 Standard Server SSO San Media

2009-03-17 15:06:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Some Help Please - Status 89 on Win2k3 Standard Server SSO San Media
From: Steve Fogarty <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:39:48 -0300
What version of Solaris are you running?  Pre Solaris 10, you will have to set the shared memory parameters for NBU in /etc/system?

bash-3.00# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -S 89 -r
problems encountered during setup of shared memory
The NetBackup processes use shared memory for some operations. This status is returned when an error is encountered in the initialization of the shared memory by the operating system's APIs.

This is the "normal" recommendation.

set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni=1024
set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=2048