Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK SL3000 - NBU 6.5.3

2009-03-11 17:00:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK SL3000 - NBU 6.5.3
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:36:47 -0400
Saw this in " Additional NetBackup 6.5 Operational Notes 45"

Enhanced device discovery and auto configuration

This version of NetBackup enhances device discovery by upgrading the Device
Configuration Wizard so it now configures robots and drives in StorageTek's
Automated Cartridge System Library Software (ACSLS) and ADIC's Scalar
Distributed Library Controller (SDLC) libraries.

Note: For NetBackup ACS Robot Auto Configuration to work, the ACSLS Server must
be able to report the serial numbers of the robotic tape drives. ACSLS 6.1 and
later releases report drive serial numbers by using the display command.
However, ACSLS can only report serial numbers when the drives report their
serial numbers to the library and the library reports the drive serial numbers
to ACSLS.

The following drives and libraries report drive serial numbers to ACSLS and
allow Auto Configuration:
■ Drives:
T9x40x, LTO (Gen 1, 2, 3), DLT 7000 and later drives, T1000, and SDLT.
■ Libraries:
SCSI attached and SCSI over Fibre Channel attached STK libraries 97xx,
L20/40/80, L180, L700, L700e, L5500, SL500, and SL8500.

The following drives and libraries do not report serial numbers to ACSLS and
must be configured manually:
■ Drives:
9490 (TimberLine), SD3 (RedWood) and earlier drives.
■ Libraries:
9310 (PowderHorn), 9360 (WolfCreek), 4410, and serial-attached 9740.

Note: NetBackup ACS Robot Auto Configuration will not work with HSC/LibStation
attached libraries since LibStation does not report drive serial numbers.
You must configure these devices manually. ***** is this what you are seeing?

David McMullin