Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Sun NDMP NetBackup 6.5.3

2009-03-11 14:32:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Sun NDMP NetBackup 6.5.3
From: "Iverson, Jerald" <Jerald.Iverson AT invesco DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:10:22 -0500
if you select a directory to restore, netbackup will have to read the entire ndmp backup image from tape to get everything in the directory.  it should still restore the directory and all files/sub-directories beneath it, it just takes a longer time.  if you select a file or set of files (i believe up to 1024), then it will use dar, and netbackup will be able to get to the files faster in the backup image.  we have restored a directory with 10 files in it, and it took 3 hours as it was a 1.5 TB backup image.  we then selected only the 10 files and the restore took 12 minutes.  both restores did restore all of the files.