Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange problem after changing storage unit.

2009-03-05 08:49:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange problem after changing storage unit.
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:29:54 +0000
Netbackup 5.0MP7 running on Solaris with SL24

Guys i got a bit of weird issue i wondered if anyone could shed some
light on.

A customer is changing from an L1000 to an SL24, but wants to have the
L1000 configured also for historic restores until they expire.

In a test bed on same server hardware (e220r) i have built a fresh OS
using Sol9 09/05 (needed mpt driver for new Ultra320 HBA installed),
cabled up the SL24 with 2 x LTO3 drives in it.

- I installed NBU and patched to MP7 as the existing install is.
- Then got the catalogues over  and did a bprecover -r -dpath <path to cats>
- This recovered everything including the old L1000 storage unit.
- I removed the robot and drives using tpconfig, vmadm.
- I then configured the new SL24 unit and did an inventory on which
brought in the new LTO3 tapes and put them as scratch (as by barcode
rules said to do).
- I can see all my old media in volume group ---  and all my new media
in 00_000_TLD
- I have left the L1000 storage unit configured in NBU as i want to
connect it later, where i will add using correct path etc.
- I have changed policies to use the SL24 storage unit

Now the problem is when i try and run a backup it is failing with status
96 no media available. I can't understand why as i have new media in
which is scratch.

Anyone any ideas? Do i need to remove the L1000 storage unit completely?
Is something hidden somewhere i need to change?

Cheers