Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] WORM backups...

2009-03-03 18:04:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] WORM backups...
From: Tim Hoke <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:42:30 -0600
WORM media is unique in NBU.  Make sure you read the SAG regarding all the specifics.

All 6.5 documentation: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290282.htm

Pull up the System Administrator's Guide for Windows, Volume 1 (  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290203.htm ) and start on page 589.

One thing for sure, you need to create a volume pool who's name begins with WORM so NBU knows to treat the media as such.

I'm afraid that if NBU thought the media in question were standard tapes, it treated them as such and in the course of operations the media may have been written in such a way that NBU can't continue to use them (i.e. an empty data block was written that NBU can normally overwrite, but now can't since it's a WORM tape).

-Tim