Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] locate database files in clients system level backups

2009-02-27 14:03:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] locate database files in clients system level backups
From: "Stump, Bob A" <Bob.A.Stump AT fnis DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:47:08 -0600

 Hello,

I have a thousand clients on several sites throughout the U.S. I want to be able to determine if a client has a database on it that is getting copied to tape by a NetBackup system level backup. I thought that perhaps I could use the NetBackup image catalog.  I was thinking that I could uncompress and convert the clients image files to ascii using bpcatlist/cat_convert and search for .dbf, .mdf, .ldf etc… in the files. Has anybody done this that could help me get started?

Thanks,

Bob Stump

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.