Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to turn tape to scratch right away ?

2009-02-25 11:31:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to turn tape to scratch right away ?
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: bolobaboo kabootar <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:19:01 -0600
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM, bolobaboo kabootar <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
I am running out of scratch tapes. And i have few tapes which have data and i don't care their content. How do i turn them to scratch right away ?

Identify the images on those tapes and expire the images.  Do you expire the tapes - focus on the images and NetBackup will do the right thing.  It also makes it very clear in your mind which images you're throwing away and prevents an "oops, I didn't realize an image for the important server was on that tape".
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org