Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Driven Backup - break out images directories

2009-02-24 10:54:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Driven Backup - break out images directories
From: nburridge <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:38:36 -0500

nburridge wrote:
> Anyone know if it's possible to break out the images directory backup to
> seperate backup streams?  Our backup is taking too long and I'd like to know
> if it's possible to configure it to make multiple streams like what was
> possible under NBU 5.

I have a catalog driven backup created using the policy wizard to perform "hot"
catalog backups.  In 5.1, backups were perofrmed using vault, and it was
possible to kick off a policy to perofrm the catalog backup portion of the
vault job.  In 6.5, I would like to know if it's possible to confiure the
catalog backup where the backup of the images directory can be broken down to
seperate streams.