Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Scripting bpdbjobs

2009-02-20 10:19:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Scripting bpdbjobs
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:10:54 -0600
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM, fullejn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

I have been tasked to query bpdbjobs regularly to report back all successful full backups of all clients. I have been staring at man for bpdbjobs and have found the command and options below, but I need more assistance massaging it for the desired results. Anyone currently have something similar working?

Depending on the level of detail you need and what sort of history you need, you may want to investigate a NetBackup reporting tool.  There are a few out there from both Symantec and 3rd parties.  The list archives are full of discussions about them.

If somebody asked you today to report on all full backups taken last month, bpdbjobs won't be able to give you that.  If they want it by file system, it can't do that either.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org